England Special Interest Group (SIG)Are you currently doing genealogy research on ancestors in England? Would you like to learn about English genealogy research? Join our England Special Interest Group.
The England SIG meets on the second Monday of each month from 10:00 a.m. to Noon in the Saddleback Room at Mission Viejo City Hall, directly across the plaza from the library. This is a general discussion and information-sharing group for topics relating to English genealogy research, and English history and culture. We explore specific types of English genealogy records, research methods, websites for English genealogy research, questions from our members about their own personal research. Bring your laptop computer to the meeting — power and wi-fi are available in the meeting room.
For more information about the England SIG, contact David Flint.
All SOCCGS in-person meetings, classes and events are closed until further notice during the Corona virus pandemic.
The England SIG has resumed meeting on the second Monday each month using videoconferencing technology. To request permission to join a virtual meeting of the SOCCGS England SIG please contact email@example.com
Our next meeting is on Monday, April 12, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Please check the “Reference Material” tab of this England SIG section of the website to see if a new handout for the meeting is available.
- Selected Bibliography-Revised
- Meeting Handout - April 12, 2021
- Meeting Handout - Mar. 8, 2021
- Meeting Handout - Feb. 8, 2021
- Addendum to Selected Bibliography
- Meeting Handout - Jan. 11, 2021
- Meeting Handout - November 9, 2020
- 1837 Handout
- Meeting Handout - Aug 10, 2020
- Handout - June 8, 2020 meeting
- Handout - May 11, 2020 Meeting
- Three Main Record Groups
- 1837 – Key Research Date
- Handout - November 26, 2019 Meeting
- FamilySearch Research Help Resources
- Online Gazzetteers
- England Genealogy Research Techniques
- England SIG - Websites We Have VIsited