SOCCGS membership provides many benefits to genealogy researchers – beginners or advanced.
Education: Classes, Lectures, Research Trips
- Monthly Genealogy Presentations by Guest Speakers
- Mini Classes on Specific Research Techniques offered throughout the year
- Beginning Genealogy Class
- Monthly Newsletter with Research Tips
- Monthly Field Trips to Southern California Genealogy Libraries
- Group Research Trips to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City
- Opportunity to Collaborate with and Learn from other Researchers
- Reduced Cost Registration for the SOCCGS Annual Seminar with a National Speaker
Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
We are a community of researchers at all levels with both large and small groups for many interests. SOCCGS hosts Special Interest Groups for: DNA, England Research, General Genealogy Research, German Ancestry, Ireland/Scotland Research, Legacy Users Group, and Writing Family Stories.
SOCCGS Genealogy Research Center at the Mission Viejo Library
- One of the premier genealogy research centers in the area, with four computers and access to a large collection of online genealogy resources, reference books and more
- Docents are available daily to assist with your research
Annual membership is $25 for an individual, or $30 for a joint membership at the same address.
To join, please click here for the membership form.